These Chunky No Bake Date Bars are sticky, sweet, naturally sweetened and surprisingly healthy! They are loaded with dairy free chocolate chips, peanuts, dates and walnuts. And just a food processor and freezer are needed to transform a few every day ingredients into these delicious bars.
Energy Ball lovers out there? Me too! I love the minimally sweet, super healthy and customizable nature of energy balls. And plump Medjool dates just happen to be my favourite way to sweeten up a treat! My least favourite part? Rolling them into balls. It’s messy, time consuming and I’ve broken way too many cookie scoops trying to speed up the process.
Easier than scooping and rolling individual balls
After many, MANY batches of energy balls, I really wanted a better way to make our favourite treat. So, I took the sticky dough and pressed it into a parchment lined loaf pan. Then, I popped the whole thing into the freezer for a few hours. The finished product was date bar perfection!
Once frozen, the entire batch is easy to cut up into bite or bar sized servings. They are chewy, fudgy and ready to eat straight out of the freezer.
Serving and storing
Once the date bars have firmed up in the freezer, and you have cut them into bites or bars, you need to store the leftovers. If there are any… simply pop them back into the freezer for storage. They’re fine to freezer uncovered initially. Once you’ve cut them up though, pop them into an air tight container. If you like them on the softer side, store you date bar bites in the fridge. Personally, I like them to be a bit firmer and chewier, so I keep ours in the freezer. They don’t freeze solid, and are perfect to eat straight out of the freezer any time a sweet craving pops up – so every hour or so around here!
These Chunky No Bake Date Bars are
- Minimally Sweetened
More Vegan Deliciousness
- Best Sunflower Seed Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – GF, Nut Free!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Soaked Oats
- Vegan Tofu Egg Salad
- Healthy Vegan Breakfast Bars – Triple Berry
If you make these Chunky No Bake Date Bars, let us know how it went! Leave a comment or rating below, and check us out on Instagram for more vegan deliciousness #plantednoshery. Enjoy, friends!
Chunky No Bake Date Bars
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup Natural chunky peanut butter, unsalted 120g
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut sugar can sub any sugar of choice
- 1-2 tbsp Plant based milk of choice start with 1tbsp and add more as needed (amount will depend on how moist your dates are)
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- ½ cup Dairy free chocolate chips 90g (folded in at the end)
- Combine your pitted dates and 1-2 tbsp of plant based milk in a food processor. Pulse until the dates are broken up into small pieces. Then add the rest of the ingredients – EXCEPT the chocolate chips.
- Pulse or run the food processor on high until a sticky dough forms. Once it is well combined, scoop out the dough into a mixing bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, and spread the mixed dough into the pan. Pack it down into bars with the back of a spatula. Pop the loaf pan into the freezer uncovered for up to 2 hours to set.
- Once the bars are set, cut them into bars or squares. They are ready to enjoy!
- Store extra bars covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.