This Tangy Avocado Pasta Alfredo is smooth, creamy, and loaded with flavor. Luscious, perfectly ripe avocados and fresh limes make the perfectly creamy sauce to smother every last al dente noodle. This alfredo is fresh, bright, super satisfying, and packed with nutrition! And the best part? It’s incredibly easy to make.
We love to top our Avocado Alfredo with Vegan Parm. The list of foods that taste better with Vegan Parm is long, and this is yet another pasta dish for that list. It adds some texture and even more flavor, not to mention some protein (thank you, almond flour).
Avocados – Choose fresh, ripe avocados for this dish. If they’re soft enough for guacamole, they’re perfect for alfredo, too! When you press your thumb into the skin of the avocado, it should softly give way to the pressure without leaving deep indentations. Ripe avocados will also have dark green to black skin, that will be bumpy as opposed to smooth.
Limes – Fresh limes are magic here. Lime juice is a major player in the flavor of this alfredo dish, so if you can, opt for fresh rather than bottled juice. Ripe limes will have a more pungent lime-y aroma. They will also feel softer (rather than firm) to the touch and also a bit heavy for their size (that’s all the extra juice!)
Onion Powder – A hint of sweetness from dried onion powder balances out the tartness of the limes and raw avocado flavor.
Salt – Simple sea salt does the trick. Nothing fancy required! If you prefer Himalayan pink salt, you may need to add a few extra pinches to taste.
How to make it
Prepare your pasta according to the instructions. While your pasta is boiling, scoop out the flesh of your ripe avocados into your blender. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients, and blend on high speed for 60-90 seconds or until completely smooth and creamy. A Vitamix or high-powered blender works best, but a regular blender should do the trick as long as your avocados are REALLY ripe!
Strain your pasta and return it to the warm pot. Out of habit, I save a cup of pasta water for any last-minute thickening. This sauce has never needed it, but I still do it just in case. Add the sauce to the pasta, turn on the heat to medium-low, and stir it together gently. Once all of the noodles are evenly coated, remove them from the heat and serve. Sprinkle with a generous topping of Vegan Parm to maximize the deliciousness!
This Tangy Avocado Pasta Alfredo is
- Fresh and bright
- Easy to make
- Uses wholesome everyday ingredients
- Packed with flavor
- Nutritious and delicious!
Let us know what you think! Leave a comment or rating below, or show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery.
More Vegan Deliciousness
Tangy Avocado Pasta Alfredo
- 1 pkg Pasta of choice (fresh or boxed) 340g dry weight
- 3 Avocados, ripe
- ¼ cup Lime juice fresh preferred
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 1½ tsp Sea salt
- Prepare your pasta of choice according to the direction on the box. For this amount of sauce, I used 1 box of Gluten Free Spaghetti (340g dry weight).
- While the pasta is boiling, prepare your sauce. Cut open your ripe avocados and remove the pits. Then peel back the skin or spoon out the avocado into your Vitamix or high powered blender.
- Add the lime juice, onion powder and salt to the blender, and blend on high for 60-90 seconds or until completely smooth and creamy. Use a tamper or stop and scrape the sides of the blender as needed, to ensure all parts of the avocados are blended smoothly.
- Prepare your Vegan Parm (recipe in notes below).
- When your pasta is strained, return it to the pan and add the avocado alfredo sauce. Gently fold the pasta and sauce together until well combined. Serve with a generous sprinkle of Vegan Parm and Enjoy!
If you make this Tangy Avocado Alfredo, let us know how it went! Leave a comment or rating below, and check us out on Instagram #plantednoshery for more vegan deliciousness. Enjoy, friends!