These Peanut Butter Baked Chickpeas are VERSATILE! Let’s start with the unvarnished truth – We LOVE peanut butter in a kind of obsessive way. So if you’re like us and are crazy about peanut butter, I have a feeling you’re going to like what’s coming.
Peanut butter can be used easily in both sweet and savory dishes. From cookies to salad dressings, peanut butter can do it all. It’s a long-time comfort food (PB & J anyone?) and makes for a delicious dipping sauce (pass the Vietnamese Salad Rolls).
After preparing far too much of a delicious peanut dipping sauce, we used it up by tossing it with chickpeas and popping them in the oven to bake. And they turned out to be AH-mazing! And they’re SO easy! I love when getting a little creative with leftovers turns into one of our new favorite recipes.
They are perfect to eat on their own as a snack. And, they’re an absolute flavor bomb in your favorite vegan bowls. Rice, noodles, quinoa. They go with everything. Just add a few veggies to your favorite carby base and throw these chickpeas on top! Only 6 ingredients and 30 minutes stand between you and nutty, savory chickpea perfection.
How to make them
Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a large mixing bowl. That’s everything except for the chickpeas themselves. Whisk the sauce together until it’s smooth and creamy. Then, fold in your chickpeas until they’re all evenly coated in saucy goodness. Scrap them out onto a lined baking sheet and press them down into an even layer. Pop them in the oven for about 25 minutes or until they begin to brown. When they’re finished, eat them on their own, on your favorite bowl, or add them to a wrap!
These Peanut Butter Baked Chickpeas are
- Easy to make
- Asian inspired
More vegan deliciousness
If you make this recipe, let us know what you think! Leave a comment, rating, or show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery. We hope you love this recipe and many more – Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Baked Chickpeas
- 4 cups Chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
- ⅓ cup Natural peanut butter, unsalted
- 2½ tbsp Tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Granulated garlic
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Combine the peanut butter, tamari, brown sugar, rice vinegar and granulated garlic in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until well smooth.
- Add the dry chickpeas to the peanut butter sauce and fold them together to evenly coat all of the chickpeas.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet, and bake for 20-25 minutes at 400°F.
- Use these baked chickpeas on your favorite bowls, wraps, or just on their own for a delicious protein at any meal – Enjoy!