Sometimes, you just want lunch to be easy. No, wait, sometimes you NEED lunch to be easy. But, maybe also… incredibly delicious, ready in 5 minutes or less, and with the least possible amount of effort. That’s not asking too much, is it? Vegan Tofu Egg Salad can make this happen.
This Vegan Tofu Egg Salad – Buffalo Style checks all of those impossible boxes, and then some. It’s easy to throw together in 5 minutes, or better yet can be meal prepped ahead of time so that it’s ready to eat straight out of the fridge. But, it’s also packed with that addicting ranch dressing flavor (what is it about ranch that we just can’t get enough of anyway?) and drizzled with the perfect hot sauce. There aren’t many flavors in this world that were made to go together like buffalo and ranch. The hot and the cool. The creaminess and the spice. They’re a marriage made in pub food heaven and we’re all just along for the ride.
Pressing the tofu
The true 5-minute version requires very little work with the tofu itself. I suggest a quick hand press method, where you wrap the tofu in a paper towel and gently squeeze out the excess water. If you have time, wrap the tofu in a paper towel, put it on a plate, and layer a few more plates on top of the wrapped tofu for pressure. The excess water will slowly be pressed from the tofu and you’ll be surprised at how much the texture of this medium-firm tofu changes in just 20 minutes of pressing.
If you’re meal prepping, I highly suggest going with the full press for as long as possible, because as the tofu egg salad sits in the fridge, more water will come out and dilute the flavors in the ranch dressing. In a pinch for a quick lunch, I hand press it all the time and it tastes DELICIOUS.
How to make it
Combine the mayo, salt garlic, dill, onion powder, and chives in a mixing bowl and whisk them together until smooth and well combined. Crumble in the tofu using a fork or simply pull it apart into pieces with your fingers until the texture resembles scrambled eggs. Fold the tofu into the ranch dressing.
Toast up your bread, and scoop out the vegan tofu egg salad onto it. Spread it out evenly, and then drizzle with a generous amount of Franks Red Hot Sauce or any of your favorite hot sauces. Keep it light if you don’t like a lot of spice. Serve open-faced or top with another slice of freshly toasted bread. You can also use buns, wraps, or even fresh veggies for dipping. Lettuce wraps are pretty amazing here, too.
This Vegan Tofu Egg Salad – Buffalo Ranch Style is
- Cool and Creamy
- Easy to make
- Perfect for meal prep
- A fun twist on traditional egg salad
- Made in 5 minutes or less
More delicious vegan recipes
- Easy Classic Vegan Tacos – with vegan sour cream and veggie grounds
- Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- Miso Vegetable Noodle Soup
- Easy Crumbled Tofu Lasagna
If you make this Vegan Tofu Egg Salad – Buffalo Ranch Style, let us know what you think! Leave a comment or rating below, or show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery. Thanks so much for visiting our little sliver of the internet, and we hope you find oh so much deliciousness here. Enjoy!
Vegan Tofu Egg Salad – Buffalo Ranch
- 1 block Medium firm tofu, drained and hand pressed see notes
- 7 tbsp Vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp Chives, dried
- 2 tsp Dill weed, dried
- 1¼ tsp Black salt needed for "eggy" flavor
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- ¼ cup Franks Red Hot Sauce, for drizzling/dipping at the end
- Mix the mayo and spices together in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Crumble in the hand pressed tofu by using your fingers to break it into small chunks resembling scrambled eggs.
- Fold the tofu into the mayo ranch mixture until evenly coated.
- Use your ranch style egg salad on sandwiches, wraps, crackers and so much more. Drizzle or dip in Franks Red Hot Sauce for the full buffalo-style flavor! Enjoy!