This Healthy Baked Blueberry Oatmeal is full of fresh berries, a pinch of cinnamon and healthy whole grain oats. It is minimally sweetened (mostly with bananas) and takes only 10 everyday ingredients. Baked oatmeal is simple and easy to make, and I love that the oven does most of the work.
We make a lot of breakfast bars, oat bars, and layered snack bars in our house. There are so many different combinations to play with, and we love the different flavors and textures that come out with each variation. Baked oatmeal falls into this category because it cuts nicely into bars, but it’s still soft and comforting like a warm bowl of stovetop oatmeal, so it kind of does double duty in the breakfast category. It’s also perfect for serving a crowd, or just a bunch of hungry kids, like ours! Try this healthy baked oatmeal recipe with any of your favorite berries, or mix in a little shredded coconut!
How to make it
Healthy Baked Oatmeal is prepped in 10 minutes or less. It’s simple and fun if you want to let the kids join in. There’s really only a little bit of mixing, so it’s a great recipe to make together. Start by preheating your oven to 350F and preparing the flax eggs. Then, mash your bananas in a mixing bowl until there are hardly any lumps remaining. Add the flax eggs, milk, coconut sugar, and vanilla to the bananas and stir them all together.
Next, add the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt to the bowl and give the dry ingredients a little bit of a stir on top to mix the salt and baking powder around in the dry oats. Then, fold everything together until it’s evenly combined. Fold in the blueberries, and then scoop out all of that delicious oatmeal mix into a lined 9 “X 9” baking pan (brownie pan). Pop it in the oven for 35-40 minutes and then let it cool slightly when it comes out. Cut it into squares, and enjoy!
This Healthy Baked Blueberry Oatmeal is
- Minimally sweetened
- Bursting with berries
- Easy to make
- Vegan and Gluten-Free (use GF oats)
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
- Triple Berry Vegan Muffins
- Perfect Vegan Aquafaba Waffles
- Best Vegan Lemon Bars, No Bake, GF
- 4 Ingredient Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies
If you try this recipe, let us know what you think in the comments below! Leave us a rating or show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery. However you found our little food blog, we’re so glad you’re here. We hope you find oh so much deliciousness here – Enjoy!
Healthy Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- 4 cups Rolled oats 400g
- 1¾ cup Plant based milk, unsweetened 420g (almond, soy, oat, cashew milks etc.)
- 2 Ripe bananas, mashed ~250g
- 2 cups Frozen blueberries 225g
- 2 Flax Eggs see notes for preparation
- ½ cup Coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- Preheat your oven the 350°F.
- Prepare the flax eggs by mixing 2 tbsp flaxseed with 6 tbsp water and stirring. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes or until a gel-like texture forms. See notes for a more on flax eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the overripe bananas with a fork or pastry cutter.
- Add the coconut sugar, milk, flax eggs and vanilla to the bananas and stir well to combine.
- Add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to the mixing bowl. Give them a gentle stir as they sit on top of the wet ingredients to mix the baking powder and salt with the oats. Then fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture.
- Once everything is well combined, scrape the oatmeal into a lined 9" X 9" baking pan, and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes on the middle rack until the center of the oatmeal looks "almost" set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool 5-10 minutes to set. Then remove from the pan, cut into squares and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply