Traditional baked ginger cookies like our BEST Vegan Ginger Cookies are amazing. They are comforting, satisfying, sweet treats that make us feel like the holidays are here. But they aren’t the healthiest choice for an everyday snacking cookie. That’s where these No-Bake Ginger Oat Cookies come in.
These No-Bake Ginger Oat Cookies are full of whole grain oats, almond butter, and all the best ginger cookie spices. There is only 1/4 cup of coconut or cane sugar in the recipe, and they are incredibly easy to make. The only problem – they take an hour to set up in the fridge, and my mouth waters for the entire hour while I wait!
How to make these ginger oat cookies
In a small pot over medium-low heat, melt your coconut oil, molasses, and almond butter together. While that’s melting, combine the oats, spices, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir the dry ingredients together to combine them well, and then pour over the melted oil/molasses/almond butter mixture as soon as it has smoothly combined.
Fold everything together, and then use a cookie scoop or just your hand to divide the sticky oat dough into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a cookie, and place them all on a baking pan to pop in the fridge for an hour to set. Then… as with all delicious no-bake treats… we wait. Luckily this one’s only an hour. Some of the best no-bake bars can take overnight to set. That seems like an eternity!
These No Bake Ginger Oat Cookies are
- Easy to make
- Use simple ingredients
- Whole grain
- Minimally sweetened
More delicious vegan recipes
- 4 Ingredient Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies
- BEST Vegan Lemon Bars – No Bake, GF
- Vegan Lemon Spelt Flour Pancakes
- Healthy Vegan Energy Balls – Date Sweetened
If you make these No-Bake Ginger Oat Cookies, let us know what you think in the comments below! Leave us a rating, or show us your results on Instagram #plantednoshery. Thanks for visiting our little food blog and we hope you love this simple no-bake recipe just as much as we do – Enjoy!
No Bake Ginger Oat Cookies
- 1½ cups Rolled oats
- ½ cup Almond butter
- ¼ cup Coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup Coconut or organic cane sugar
- 3 tbsp Molasses
- 2 tsp Ginger, dried
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- ⅛ tsp Cloves, dried
- In a small pot over medium low heat, melt the coconut oil, almond butter and molasses together – stirring frequently.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, spices, sugar and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the melted coconut oil mixture over the dry ingredients and fold together to combine.
- Use a cookie scoop or hand mold the oat dough into 12 cookies. Flatten slightly to a patty cookie shape.
- Place on a lined making sheet in the fridge for 1 hour to set. Once set, your cookies are ready to enjoy!