This BEST Vegan Breakfast Burrito combines two of the best breakfast proteins into one amazing spinach wrap and slathers it in salsa. Breakfast doesn’t get better than this! First, you need a delicious, eggy tofu scramble. If you meal prep this part ahead of time, this burrito gets even easier. But, it’s easy to make a scramble on the fly. You might just need an extra pan.
And while you’re meal prepping, try this Easy Vegan Sour Cream. It’s also an option and a totally amazing addition to this Vegan Breakfast Burrito.
Once you have your tofu scramble either cooking or pressing or prepped in the fridge, let’s talk about the real flavor bomb here: The Beyond Meat grounds. Ok, so you can use any brand of veggie grounds that you prefer. Yves, Gardein, and many others make some awesome options. The Beyond Meat ones just happen to be gluten-free, and super delicious. So they’re my go-to favorites.
How to make it
In a nonstick pan, fry up your onions until they’re turning translucent. Then add your veggie meat grounds. Break up the veggie grounds with a wooden spoon or spatula and stir them often as they cook through with the onions and garlic. Sprinkle your spices on top, and keep stirring everything together until the grounds have cooked through.
Lay out a tortilla or wrap, and slather it up with your favorite salsa. Then layer on the spinach or greens (we’ve got to sneak something healthy in here right?) and fill up the middle with tofu scramble and veggie grounds. If you’re an avocado fan, a few slices in here taste pretty amazing, too. Then wrap it up, and dig right in.
This Vegan Breakfast Burrito is
- Easy to meal prep
- Simple to make
More delicious vegan recipes
- Vegan Multigrain Garlic Biscuits
- Buffalo Chickpea Wraps with Vegan Ranch
- Easy Vegan Soup Cream – Tastes AMAZING in this burrito!
- Miso Vegetable Noodle Soup
If you make this BEST Vegan Breakfast Burrito, let us know what you think in the comments below! Leave us a rating, or show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery. Thank you for checking out our little food blog. It makes us feel really awesome that you came, and we hope you find oh so much deliciousness here – Enjoy!
BEST Vegan Breakfast Burrito
- 1 batch Tofu scrambled "eggs" see notes for recipe link
- 4 Tortilla wraps use GF if necessary
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 cup Salsa
Spiced Vegan "Meat"
- 1 340g package Beyond Meat Grounds Sub any brand of veggie grounds at the same weight of 340g or 12 oz
- ¾ cup White, sweet or yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- Prepare the Tofu Scramble first, or meal prep it ahead of time. See recipe notes for the link to the full recipe. (Or here: https://plantednoshery.com/2021/03/vegan-tofu-scrambled-eggs )
- While your Tofu Scramble simmers, prepare your Spiced Vegan "Meat" by heating 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once heated for a minute or two, add your finely diced onions to the pan. Cook the onions for ~5 minutes or until browned and translucent, stirring frequently.
- Then, add your vegan meat grounds of choice. I used Beyond Meat in this recipe, but Yves, Gardein and many more options are available and work equally well. Use whichever brand you prefer. Once the veggie grounds are in the pan, use a wooden spoon or spatula to break them up into small pieces that resemble the Tofu Scramble.
- Sprinkle the garlic, paprika and onion powder over the veggie grounds as they cook, and stir well to combine. Continue cooking the veggie grounds for ~5 minutes or until they begin to brown on the edges while remaining juicy in the middle. Overcooking will dry them out, so stir frequently and remove the pan from the heat once they're ready.
- Lay out your tortilla wraps, and add ¼ cup of salsa to the middle of each tortilla. Spread the salsa in a line from the top to the bottom of the wrap, leaving about an inch of dry tortilla at the top and bottom of the salsa line.
- Top the salsa with ¼ cup of fresh spinach. Then add ¼-½ cup each, of the Spiced Vegan "Meat" and Tofu Scramble on top of the spinach. How much you add of each will depend on the size of wrap you're using. You want to be able to wrap it tightly and have it close on the ends.
- Fold one side of the tortilla across the fillings in the middle, and tuck it in slightly underneath the spinach on the other side. Then, fold each end of the tortilla wrap in, towards the middle. Keep all of these folds tucked in as tightly as you can, and roll the tortilla closed.
- Your tightly wrapped Breakfast Burrito is ready to go. Eat as is, or cut it in half just like the pictures. Enjoy!