These Easy No-Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies require only 6 ingredients, one bowl, and about an hour in the fridge to set. They are pretty much the easiest cookies ever to make, so I love to make them with my kids. It’s a perfect opportunity to let them get their hands dirty and the whole process is kid-friendly with no oven required.
- Rolled Oats – Also known as Old Fashioned Oats, these are the best base for a chewy but light cookie. There’s a reason these are the oats used in granola bars. They’re perfect for this kind of thing.
- Peanut Butter – Natural unsalted peanut butter is my personal favorite, but any variety will do. Even the one with a bear on the jar.
- Maple Syrup – We’ve kept the sweetness to a minimum, with just 1/4 cup of Maple Syrup in the entire batch. This natural, sticky syrup also helps to bind the oats in these no-bake cookies.
- Coconut Oil – Melt your coconut oil in a pot or microwave before adding it to the recipe. Solid coconut oil won’t mix thoroughly and your cookies won’t turn out.
- Vanilla – This is just a staple in so many baked goods, but especially ones where chocolate is involved. It’s like a secret weapon, loaded with deep flavor.
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips – We use the Enjoy Life brand at home, and the Mini Chocolate Chips specifically for this recipe. The mini chips let the chocolate chips reach every inch of these cookies. And that’s pretty much perfect.
These Easy No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are
- Fun to make
- Set up in the fridge – no oven required
- Minimally sweetened
- Made with just 6 Everyday Ingredients
More delicious vegan recipes
- BEST Vegan Ginger Cookies
- Healthy Vegan Freezer Fudge – 3 Ingredients
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Dough Balls – GF, Coconut Flour
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Dough Balls
If you make these Easy No Bake Cookies, let us know how it went in the comments below. Leave us a rating or show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery. We hope these minimally sweetened, whole grain, no-bake cookies satisfy your sweet chocolate cravings in a healthier, easy to make way – Enjoy!
Easy No Bake Cookies – Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Vegan, GF
- 1½ cups Rolled oats 150g
- ½ cup Natural unsalted peanut butter 120g
- ¼ cup Coconut oil 55g
- ¼ cup Maple syrup 55g
- 2 tbsp Dairy free chocolate chips 30g
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Sea salt optional
- In a medium pot, melt the coconut oil, peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth, creamy and runny. Use a medium low heat, and stir constantly. Remove from heat as soon as everything is combined and stir in vanilla and salt.
- Add the oats to the pot and fold everything together until evenly coated. Let cool before folding in the chocolate chips (or they'll melt). You can place the oat mixture into another bowl and pop it in the fridge for ~5 minutes to speed up the cooling if you like.
- Once the chocolate chips are folded into the oat mixture, use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the fridge, uncovered, for ~1 hour to set.
- Once the cookies are firm to the touch, they are ready to eat. Enjoy!
- Store extra cookie in the fridge for up to 1 week in an airtight container.