This Classic Triple Berry Compote is tangy, fresh, balanced and so easy to make. In 10 minutes or less, your frozen berries will become a warm, cozy, comforting blanket for your favorite breakfast carbs. We love this compote on pancakes, waffles, crepes, and French toast.
Frozen berries typically come in a variety of blends, so we’re taking advantage of that convenience for this delicious compote. This blend was made up of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. And fresh lemon juice and zest make this compote really shine.
How to make a compote
Combine all of the ingredients in a nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat. Continue cooking while stirring frequently for ~10 minutes, or until it has slightly reduced and softened. As the berries soften, use your wooden spoon or spatula to mash or break them apart slightly. You want some variety in the sizes of your berries!
Once the compote has reduced to a thin sauce and the berries have softened, it is ready to serve. Try it on pancakes, waffles, French toast, oats, cakes, muffins, sweet loaves, and pretty much any breakfast carb of your choice.
This Classic Triple Berry Compote is
- Perfectly sweet
- Bursting with berries
- Easy to make in 10 minutes or less
- Made with just 3 Everyday Ingredients
- Perfect for all of your favorite breakfast carbs
More delicious vegan recipes
- Vegan Lemon Spelt Flour Pancakes
- Perfect Vegan Aquafaba Waffles
- Loaded Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Simple Vegan Crepes
- Healthy Vegan Freezer Fudge – 3 Ingredients
If you try this Classic Triple Berry Compote, let us know what you think! Leave a comment or rating below, and show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery. Let us know how you dress up your pancakes, waffles, crepes, French toast, or oats! We hope you love this quick and easy compote as much as we do – Enjoy!
Classic Triple Berry Compote
- 2½ cups Triple berry blend, fresh or frozen Raspberries, blackberries & blueberries are most common but any blend will do
- ⅓ cup Organic cane sugar
- 1 Lemon, juiced and ½ zested
- Combine all ingredients in a non stick sauce pan over medium low heat. Continue cooking while stirring frequently for ~10 minutes until slightly reduced and softened. As the berries soften, use your wooden spoon or spatula to mash or break them apart slightly.
- Serve immediately over your favorite pancakes, waffles, french toast, oats, cakes, muffins, sweet loaves and more!
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for ~1 week, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.