These soft, Best Vegan Chocolate Muffins are deliciously frosted with our Healthier Chocolate Frosting, or just on their own! Make them ahead for the week and keep a batch in the freezer, or (easily) whip them up from scratch any weekend for the best breakfast treat.
We’re always trying something new for breakfast. Sometimes it’s a healthier option like Soaked Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats. And sometimes it’s Chocolate Muffins. There’s room for all kinds of breakfasts, right? I think we’re just the kind of family that loves to eat their daily carbs before lunch.
These muffins are adapted from our Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins. So they have a soft, pillow-y, deliciously moist texture – multiplied by CHOCOLATE. Healthy cocoa powder adds the deep chocolate flavor, as well as bringing in iron, magnesium, fiber, and potassium. We chose to leave out the chocolate chips when we made these muffins, but you can add half a cup if you want to turn these into a Double Chocolate version.
These Soft Best Vegan Chocolate Muffins are
- Perfect frosted or plain
- Easy to make
How to make Flax Eggs
Flax Eggs are my favorite egg substitute in Vegan Baking. They’re also incredibly easy to make. Simply take 1 tbsp of milled flaxseed and mix it with 3 tbsp of water. Let this mixture sit for at least 5 minutes, or until gel-like consistency. The flaxseed takes on an almost slimy texture (like eggs) that adds moisture and binding to vegan baking.
More delicious vegan recipes
- Healthier Vegan Chocolate Frosting – Must try for these muffins!
- Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies Dough Balls – GF, Coconut Flour
- Best Vegan Ginger Cookies
If you try these Vegan Chocolate Muffins, let us know what you think in the comments below. Leave us a rating, or show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery. We hope these chocolate vegan muffins satisfy even the biggest of your chocolate cravings – Enjoy!
Best Vegan Chocolate Muffins
- 2¼ cups All purpose flour 270g
- 1 cup Organic cane sugar can sub granulated or coconut sugars
- ½ cup Cocoa 48g
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- ¾ cup Plant based milk (soy, almond, oat etc)
- ½ cup Brewed coffee
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 2 Flax eggs see notes
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Prepare your flax eggs according to notes below
- Sift together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Add wet ingredients, and whisk until evenly combined and no lumps remain
- Use a scoop to divide the batter evenly between 12 muffin cups
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffins comes out clean
- Remove from the muffin tin and let cool on a rack for 5-10 minutes before serving
- Serve as is, or with our Healthier Vegan Chocolate Frosting – Enjoy!