These Vegan Cinnamon Toast Crepes are light, chewy, cinnamon-y, easy and so so delicious. With the addition of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, our Simple Vegan Crepes are packed full of flavor that wraps perfectly around bananas, blueberries and so much more.
I haven’t perfected a Gluten-Free crepe recipe yet, so this is the one I love to make for everyone else in the house. Cinnamon Toast is a favorite treat of ours, which is just coconut sugar and cinnamon lightly sprinkled over buttered toast. With our crepe trend on the weekends lately, it was time for a Cinnamon Toast version of our favorite, classic crepe. And we left out any added sugar in the crepe, so we can feel better about the maple syrup drizzle on top.
How to make crepes
Crepe batter is thin and runny. The applesauce acts as the binder for these crepes, and also the sweetener. It can be sticky if not cooked through fully, so let the crepe cook until the edges begin to lift and ripple before flipping.
Begin by sifting the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, and add your plant-based milk and applesauce to that bowl. Then, whisk until smooth while your crepe pan heats up. Spray or brush with a generous layer of oil to prevent sticking before you add in the crepe batter. Use a 1/2 measuring cup to drop your batter into the center of your cooking surface. Then, use a crepe spreader to gently guide the batter towards the edges of the pan in a circular motion.
Once the edges begin to ripple slightly, use a spatula to gently ease the crepe away from the cooking surface all the way through. Then use the spatula or grab the edges of the crepe, and flip it to finish cooking on the other side.
Crepes are so versatile, and these Cinnamon Toast Crepes go with almost any fruit you crave. Bananas and blueberries are our favorites. A fruit compote or maple syrup can add the perfect amount of sweetness. And if you’re feeling indulgent, crepes were made for Homemade Chocolate Hazelnut Spread.
These Vegan Cinnamon Toast Crepes are
More delicious vegan recipes
- Vegan Cinnamon Toast Waffles
- Seedy Vegan Breakfast Granola
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Healthy Vegan Freezer Fudge
- Vegan No Bake Peanut Butter Date Cookies
If you try these Vegan Cinnamon Toast Crepes, let us know what you think! Leave us a comment or rating below, and show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery. We hope you love them as much as we do, and that you have a new favorite crepe in your breakfast rotation – Enjoy!
Vegan Cinnamon Toast Crepes
- 1½ cups All purpose flour, sifted 180g
- 1¾ cups Plant based milk 440g
- ½ cup Unsweetened applesauce 120g
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp Cloves
- ⅛ tsp Sea salt
- Preheat your non stick frying pan or crepe maker to medium to medium high heat. On my crepe maker I use the #4 out of 5 heat settings.
- Combine flour, salt and spices in a mixing bowl and stir with a whisk to combine evenly.
- Add the milk, applesauce and vanilla, and whisk until smoothly combined and no lumps remain.
- Brush or spray your pan or crepe maker with oil to prevent sticking.
- Scoop ~½ cup of batter into the center of the cooking surface, and use a crepe spreader to push the batter gently towards the outer edges of the cooking surface in one, sweeping circular motion. Continue until all of the batter is spread out to an even thickness.
- Cook for ~2 minutes, or until the edges lift from the cooking surface with a spatula. If they're sticking and not lifting in one piece, let your crepe cook a little bit longer. Once the edges lift, work your spatula gently beneath the center of your crepe to lift the entire crepe in one piece and flip. Cook on the second side for another 1-2 minutes or until the edges begin to lift on their own and the underside is slightly browned.
- Remove the finished crepe from the cooking surface and lay on a plate to cool, or serve immediately with your favorite fillings and toppings.
- Continue until all of your batter has been used up.