These Triple Berry Vegan Muffins are perfect as breakfast or a snack on the go. They are full of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. And a pinch of lemon zest brightens and lightens the juicy berries. Break out your favorite mug, because these muffins were made for coffee.
These muffins are perfect to grab and go on busy mornings. They freeze well too, so you can always keep a few on hand. Store them in an air-tight container in the freezer and they’re good for ~1 month. They typically thaw in less than 30 minutes at room temperature, or you can pop them in a toaster oven for 30 seconds to warm up quickly. They’re surprisingly delicious when still partially frozen, too. That’s our favorite way to eat them.
How to make Triple Berry Muffins
First, prepare your flax egg, preheat your oven, and line or spray your muffin pan. Then, sift together your dry ingredients. In the same bowl, add your plant-based milk, sugar, lemon juice, and zest, and the flax egg after it has become a gel-like consistency. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, until the batter is an even consistency. Finally, fold in your frozen berries, scoop into the muffin pan, and bake for 20 minutes or until they pass the “toothpick test”.
When portioning your muffins, ensure the berries are somewhat evenly divided. If too many berries end up in one muffin, the batter won’t bake evenly. You’ll likely end up with raw batter around some of the berries in overloaded muffins when all of the other muffins have cooked through.
These Triple Berry Vegan Muffins are
- Slightly sweet
- Bursting with berry flavor
- Light and bright
- Easy to make
- Made with just 10 Ingredients
- Packable and snackable
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
- Loaded Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies Dough Balls – GF, No Bake
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut Cookies
- Vegan No Bake Peanut Butter Date Cookies
If you make these muffins, let us know how it went in the comments below or with a rating. And show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery.com. We hope you love them as much as we do – Enjoy!
Triple Berry Vegan Muffins
- 1⅓ cup All purpose flour 160g
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- 1 Flax egg mix 1 tbsp flaxseed with 3 tbsp water, stir and let sit ~5 minutes
- ½ cup Organic cane sugar 110g
- ½ cup Plant based milk
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¾ cup Frozen Triple Berry Blend
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Sift all of the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl. Then add the wet ingredients, except for the frozen berries. Whisk everything together until smooth and well combined.
- Add the frozen triple berry blend, and fold into the batter with a spatula.
- Spoon or use a cookie/ice cream scoop to divide the batter into lined muffin tins. Try to divide the berries evenly among the muffins. If any muffin gets too overloaded with berries it won't cook fully and will have some raw dough in the middle when the others are finished baking.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Check the center of the muffins by inserting a toothpick and making sure it comes out clean to signal they're done.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!