Orange Sesame Ginger Dressing is rich, flavorful, and a healthy twist on an Asian-inspired classic. The orange flavor comes straight from whole oranges, while a high-powered blender makes this whole food dressing smooth and silky. A few spoonfuls of tahini make it deliciously creamy, too.
- Spinach is packed with iron, folate, vitamin A, calcium, and fiber.
- Apples are a great source of fiber, antioxidants, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Black beans are rich in phytonutrients, fiber, protein, and folate.
- Ginger is rich in unique compounds that have made it both an ingredient in cooking and in medicine.
- Tahini is high in fiber, potassium, calcium, and iron.
This Orange Sesame Ginger Dressing is as healthy as it is delicious.
A high-powered blender is the key to getting this dressing as smooth and creamy as possible. If you don’t have a high-powered blender, you could skip the whole oranges and opt for 1/2 cup of orange juice instead.
I used dry ginger in this recipe, but fresh ginger does work as a substitution for salad dressings. (But in baked goods – not so much.)
Typically, 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger can be substituted for every 1/4 teaspoon of dried ginger. That will likely be far too much ginger for most palettes, so start with a tablespoon of fresh ginger at most. Blend the dressing, and give it a taste. Add small quantities after that until you get to the perfect amount of ginger for you.
More Healthy Vegan Recipes
- Vegan Sriracha Egg Salad – GF
- Maple Smoked Instant Pot Potatoes
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- 3 Ingredient Crispy Cereal Bars
- Raw Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls – Vegan, GF
If you make this salad, let us know your thoughts in the comments below! Leave us a rating or tag us on Instagram #plantednoshery and show us your stuff – Enjoy!
Orange Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Vitamix or high powered blender
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Sharp kitchen knife and cutting board
- Mixing bowl and tongs
For the dressing
- 4 Clementine or mandarin oranges, peeled, seeds removed
- ¼ cup Tahini
- 2 tbsp Cold water
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil Optional for creamier texture
- ½ tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Granulated Garlic
- ⅛ tsp Sea salt
For the salad
- 8 cups Spinach, loosely packed
- 1 Apple or small orange, cubed
- 1 can Black beans, rinsed and drained
- Add all dressing ingredients to a high powered blender and blend on high for ~1 minute or until smooth (be careful to remove all the seeds from your oranges before blending or they will give the dressing a bitter taste)
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the spinach, black beans and apple or orange, with the dressing until well coated
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Dressing alone will keep for ~5 days in the fridge in an airtight container