This Easy Vegan Sour Cream is healthier, easy to make an alternative to store-bought dressings and dips. It is creamy, tangy, and rich in flavor, making it the perfect addition to nachos, tacos and so much more. Keep this sour cream in an airtight container in the fridge for ~1 week, and give it a stir before eating. Pretty perfect for meal prep, right?
Taco nights just aren’t complete without sour cream. We never have found that one particular brand of vegan sour cream that we’ve all loved. But to be honest, we haven’t looked that hard. I love any excuse to try making a staple like that from scratch. And it usually ends up being much cheaper, especially considering the large quantities we consume as a family of 5 (or 6 if you include the table scrap loving dog).
But tacos aren’t the only food craving to be satisfied with Vegan Sour Cream. We haven’t even talked about baked potatoes yet. Ooooh, a soft, steaming hot baked potato fresh off the grill and ready to be stuffed with vegan sour cream, chives, coconut bacon bits and so much more… I think I know what we’re having for dinner tonight.
This Easy Vegan Sour Cream is
- Easy to make
- Perfect for tacos, nachos, dips, baked potatoes, and more
- Made with just 6 Everyday Ingredients
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
- Chickpea and Spinach Stuffed Peppers
- Caramelized Onion Tofu Cream Cheese
- Easiest Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Dough Balls
- Maple Balsamic Glazed Carrots
And be sure to try this on our Easy Classic Vegan Tacos with Ground “Meat” Filling. Ready for it to be Tuesday, yet?
If you try this recipe, let us know how it went with a rating or in the comments below. And show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery. We hope this sour cream inspired many more dips, salads, and taco nights at your table – Enjoy!
Easy Vegan Sour Cream
- 1 cup Cashews, soaked (measured raw) see notes for quick soak method
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 4 tsp White wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Granulated Garlic
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender or Vitamix beginning with the cashews. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Use a tamper or stop to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Serve with chips, wraps, raw veggies, tacos, nachos, baked potatoes and much more! Use as you would any traditional sour cream. Enjoy!