These Easy Classic Vegan “Meat” Tacos are a huge hit at our table. They are full of flavor and texture. And they are totally customizable for even the pickiest of little eaters. Make your Easy 4 Ingredient Guacamole and Vegan Sour Cream ahead of time for the easiest and most delicious meal of the entire week.
- Veggie Grounds – I used Beyond Meat Grounds when we make these for Taco Tuesdays at home because they’re everyone’s favorite. They’re also gluten-free. Yves and Gardein also make veggie grounds, but check the labels if you’re sensitive to gluten.
- Salsa – Any variety will do
- Vegan Sour Cream – We have a delicious, creamy, Easy Vegan Sour Cream recipe here.
- Guacamole – Store-bought is fine, or try this Easy 4 Ingredient Guacamole for a fresh version.
- Hard taco shells – Soft will work too. But aren’t hard taco shells just the best?
- Spices & Seasonings – To take the Veggie Ground Meat to the next level.
- Garnishes – Lettuce, tomatoes, and cilantro (if you’re a fan).
These Easy Classic Vegan Tacos are
- Easy to make
- Easy to meal prep
Onions and spices take your everyday veggie grounds to the next level of deliciousness, and make the perfect taco filling. No pre packaged seasonings required.
If you like a bit more spice, ass chili powder and a dash of cumin to the veggie grounds, along with the spice blend listed in the recipe below.
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
- Sriracha Red Pepper Tofu Dip
- Vegan Chocolate Coconut Pancakes
- Healthy Vegan Energy Balls – Date Sweetened
- Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- Ginger Cookie Dough Balls with Coconut and Almond Flours
If you make these Easy Classic Vegan Tacos, let us know what you think in the comments below. Leave us a rating and show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery. Happy Taco Tuesday Noshing – Enjoy!
Easy Classic Vegan Tacos
- 16 Hard or soft taco shells
- 2 340g Packs of Beyond Meat Grounds vegan mean grounds – other brands can be substituted at the same weight
- 1 Large onion, diced ~2 cups
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3 cups Shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup Diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Salsa, store bought or homemade see notes for recipe
- 2 cups Guacamole, store bought or homemade see notes for recipe
- 1 cup Vegan sour cream, store bought or homemade see notes for recipe
- 1 cup Vegan cheddar cheese shreds Optional
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped Optional – for garnish and flavor
- In a non stick pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook the diced onion for 3-5 minutes until translucent. Then add the 2 packs of Beyond Meat Grounds. Use a wooden spoon to spatula to break up the grounds into small chunks and cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until the vegan meat is browned.
- While the Beyond Meat is cooking, add the garlic and paprika, and continue stirring to combine as it cooks.
- Prepare your shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, guacamole, salsa and vegan sour cream.
- When the Beyond Meat is finished cooking, assemble the tacos starting with the vegan meat and layering on any of the optional vegetables, sauces, dips, cheese or cilantro. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply