These Easy Chickpea Flour Omelettes are vegan, gluten-free, easy to make, packed with protein, and completely customizable. Chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour) makes up the base of these healthy vegan omelets, with Black Salt adding an “egg-y” flavor. Add in some tahini, water, garlic powder, and flaxseed, and you’ve got one of the most delicious and healthiest omelettes ever. And in less than 15 minutes.
Chickpea Flour Omelettes are versatile. Fill them with almost anything you’re craving! I chose fresh spinach, ripe avocado, a pinch of paprika, and mustard mayo topping. YUM! They’re also amazing with black beans, tofu scramble, sweet potatoes, roasted peppers and so much more. They’re awesome on their own, too.
Things to know about these Easy Chickpea Flour Omelettes
- Chickpea flour is STICKY so these omelettes need a generous amount of oil in the pan while cooking. Use a good nonstick pan, start with 1 tbsp of oil, and add more as needed for each individual omelet. Let them cook fully before attempting to loosen and flip, too. They will tear apart if you try to flip them before they’re fully cooked.
- Raw chickpea flour tastes awful. Another good reason to let them cook through fully, on both sides.
- Adding the vegetables to the batter is possible, but can make them harder to flip. Add 1/4 cup of your choice of diced vegetables. Onions, peppers, spinach etc. are all great options. I find the omelets stay together better when the vegetables are added as toppings, and that the chickpea flour cooks through more fully. But if you’re craving a traditional omelette, go ahead and add the veggies into the batter.
These Easy Chickpea Flour Omelettes are
- Protein packed
- Easy to make
- Made with just 8 Ingredients
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Baked Green Onion Tofu
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
- Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
If you make this recipe, let us know how it went in the comments below. Or leave a rating and show us your stuff on Instagram #plantednoshery. We hope you love these omelettes as much as we do – Enjoy!
Easy Chickpea Flour Omelettes
Chickpea flour omelets
- ¾ cup Chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast optional (but delicious for a bit of a cheesy flavor)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil plus more as needed for cooking
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Milled flaxseed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Black salt can sub sea salt – black salt gives it an "egg-y" flavor
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
Creamy Mayo Dip for topping
- ¼ cup Vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp Yellow mustard
- Preheat a non stick pan over medium to medium low heat.
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Scoop out ⅓-½ cup of batter per omelette, onto the well oiled or sprayed non stick cooking surface.
- Cooking ~2-3 minutes, or until the omelette lifts easily. Gently work a spatula underneath the omelet to release it from the bottom of the pan before flipping. Cook another 2 minutes on the other side or until slightly browned.
- Serve with your choice of savory fillings such as spinach, chickpeas, tofu, peppers, onion, vegan sauces and more! I've included a super simple 2 ingredient Mayo dip that we like to drizzle over top of these omelettes after we stuff them full of veggies and chickpeas. Or eat them plain for a protein packed, super healthy meal. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply