This Creamy Vegan Red Pepper Sauce is delicious, healthy and so easy to make. It’s made from mostly vegetables, with just 1/4 cup of cashews thrown in for the silky texture. Cauliflower, onion, red pepper, and a generous amount of nutritional yeast make up the base of this rich, creamy multi-purpose sauce.
We love any excuse to eat more pasta around here. We usually go for a quinoa flour-based noodle that has some protein since we’re getting so many delicious veggies in the sauce. This creamy, flavorful red pepper sauce is also great on rice, quinoa, noodle bowls, and makes a fantastic chip dip. Sooooo good as a nacho dip!
Easy to make
The vegetables are all roasted together until soft, before blending. So they only need a rough chop and a drizzle of olive oil before the oven does all the work. Roast the cauliflower, red pepper, and onion for 15-20 minutes. Then add them to your high-powered blender or Vitamix along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high until silky smooth, and try it on everything from pasta to chips.
This Creamy Vegan Red Pepper Sauce is
- Silky smooth
- Light and creamy
- Packed with vegetables
- Made with simple ingredients
- Easy to make
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
- Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- Vegan Cinnamon Toast Waffles
- Vegan No Bake Peanut Butter Date Cookies
- Simple Spicy Vegan Peanut Sauce
If you make this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment below, rate the recipe, or show us your stuff on Instagram #plantedoshery. Enjoy!
Creamy Vegan Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 cups Cauliflower, raw, roughly chopped 400g
- 1 Red pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Onion, peeled, chopped ~1 small onion or ½ large onion
- ¼ cup Cashews, raw
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 Lemon, juiced ~3 tbsp
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Sea salt plus more to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F
- In a bowl, combine your onion, cauliflower and red pepper (all roughly chopped) and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss them until everything is well coated in olive oil. Then transfer to a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once your vegetables are baked soft in the oven, scoop them into a high powered blender. Add all of the other ingredients on top of the vegetables in the blender, and blend on high speed until creamy and smooth. You may need to stop the blender and scrape down the sides, or use your tamper if you have a Vitamix.
- Once your sauce is blended, it's ready to serve on your favorite pasta! This sauce also goes well on bowls, tacos, wraps and is delicious in lasagna. Let it cook before storing the fridge for ~5 days in an airtight container. Enjoy!