Chocolate Coconut Oat Flour Cookies are rich, decadent, and healthy. Keeping them as healthy as possible was the goal with oat flour since oats are well known for their health benefits. They are high in fiber, protein, antioxidants and have gained attention for lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels. They’re also gluten-free, as long as you use certified GF oat flour.
Whenever possible, I love to add coconut to a recipe. You can swap it out for more oat flour if you’re not the coconut fanatic that I am. Both weigh in around 80g for a cup, so you can do a straight swap by volume instead of weight. But really, the coconut is probably my favorite part and it adds a ton of flavor and texture to these cookies.
Shaping the cookies
A cookie scoop worked well with these cookies, but they are sticky! So you might want to rinse it under warm water when you start, and then again every now and then as it sticks. The sticky dough makes for a delicious baked texture though, so it’s totally worth it. You can also just drop them by the spoonful onto a lined cookie sheet. If you’re not worried about a perfectly round shape, the spoon method is faster and easier.
These Chocolate Coconut Oat Cookies are
- Richly flavored
More Easy Vegan Baking Recipes
- The BEST Vegan Ginger Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Healthy Vegan Freezer Fudge
- Coconut Goji Protein Balls
- 3 Ingredient Crispy Cereal Bars
If you make these chocolate coconut oat cookies, show us your stuff! Leave us a comment or rating below, or tag us on Instagram @plantednoshery. We hope you love them as much as we do. Enjoy!
Chocolate Coconut Oat Cookies
- 2¾ cups Rolled oats, ground into flour (or oat flour) use certified GF if necessary, see notes
- 1½ cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1½ cup Organic cane, coconut or brown sugar
- 1 cup Plant based milk
- 1 cup Natural peanut butter
- 2 Flax eggs see notes
- ½ cup Unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup Cocoa
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Prepare the flax eggs – see notes
- In a mixing bowl, add the oat flour, cocoa, coconut, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine evenly.
- In a small pot, melt the peanut butter and milk, until runny and smooth. When they're melted together, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, flax eggs and applesauce. Then pour the mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir and fold everything together until evenly combined.
- Use a scoop or spoon to drop the batter onto a lined cookie sheet (makes ~18 cookies), and bake for 20-23 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Let cool 10 minutes to set, and Enjoy!