These 4 Ingredient Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies might just be the easiest cookies you will ever make. Peanut butter, sugar, baking powder, and a flax egg somehow come together and transform into soft, sweet, peanut-y cookies. And they’re so good, you might abandon flour-based peanut butter cookies forever.
Peanut butter cookies were my Grandpa’s favorite, so they have a special place in my heart every time I make them. There were a few different versions we used to make when I was a kid, but they were all flour-based. After discovering that I had issues with gluten, those recipes went out the window. Flour also causes some unpleasant blood sugar spikes for our T1D son, especially when coupled with the sugar in a standard cookie recipe.
These 4 Ingredient Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies solved both of those problems. Omitting the flour made them perfect for anyone needing to avoid gluten. And replacing the flour with the fat and protein in the peanut butter helped to blunt the blood glucose spike from the sugar.
How to make these cookies
Just one bowl, a spatula, a cookie sheet, and an oven are all you need to make these 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies. All of the ingredients can be folded together with a spatula. The peanut butter should go in first to make mixing easier. Just keep scraping the bowl and folding everything together, until the cookie dough texture emerges.
A cookie scoop is the easiest way to portion this dough onto a lined baking sheet. Or you can pinch off each cookie portion and form it into a ball with your fingers. Then use a fork to press each cookie down just slightly. Pop them into the oven for 15 minutes and let cool for at least 10 minutes to set. Then… EAT!
These 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are
- Easy to make
- Everyday ingredients
- Vegan, GF
More Delicious Vegan Treats
- Loaded Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut Cookies
- Vegan No Bake Peanut Butter Date Cookies
- BEST Vegan Ginger Cookies
- Ginger Cookie Dough Balls – GF with Coconut Flour
These peanut butter cookies have long been a favorite of ours. We have tried them with coconut sugar many times, with great results. Granulated and brown sugars work, too. The overall color of the cookie will change depending on the sugar you choose.
If you make these cookies, let us know what you think with a rating or in the comments below. Or show us your results on Instagram #plantednoshery. We hope you love them as much as we do – Enjoy!
4 Ingredient Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Crunchy peanut butter – natural, unsalted
- ¾ cup Organic cane sugar
- 1 Flax egg mix 1 tbsp flaxseed with 3 tbsp water, stir and let sit for 5 minutes before adding to recipe
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Prepare your flax egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl with a spatula and fold together until evenly combined and a "cookie dough" texture appears
- Scoop or spoon the batter onto a lined baking sheet
- Use the back of a fork to slightly flatten each cookie
- Place into the oven and bake for ~15 minutes until the bottoms are lightly browned. The cookies will still look slightly raw in the cracks that form on top, but that's ok! They should look that way when you pull them out of the oven because they will set up when cooling on the counter and we don't want to overbake and dry them out.
- Let sit to cook for at least 10 minutes to set
Leave a Reply