If there was an award for “most popular lunch” in our house – it would go to this Vegan Sriracha Egg Salad, hands down. Jeff would literally eat this every single day. We do a lot of camping in the summers, and I think he plans to live exclusively on it from June until September.
This Vegan Sriracha Egg Salad is spicy with a hint of sweetness. It’s textured while still being creamy and smooth. And it’s got brightness and bite from the green onions. Basically, it’s lunch perfection on bread. Or in a wrap. Or on a cracker, carrot stick, or spoon. Really, it’s great on anything that gets it into your mouth.
Does it really take just 5 minutes?
I’ve timed it, so I can honestly say YES! And that’s coming from a kitchen with child locks on the cabinets, so half that time is really just me trying to find the key to get out the food processor.
Once you have your food processor ready to go, you can add all of the ingredients EXCEPT the green onions. The chickpeas, sriracha, hoisin, vegan mayo and salt, all go in together in one easy step. Then just pulse the food processor a couple of times to mix it all up and break the chickpeas up into smaller chunks.
You have total control over the texture here, so stop whenever you get it to the level of chunkiness and creaminess you prefer. Then scoop it out onto bread (or whatever you choose), top with chopped green onions, and enjoy the tastiest sandwich you’ll have all week.
Just 5 Ingredients:
- Chickpeas – One of my favorite vegan proteins, and packed with dietary fiber
- Vegan Mayo – I used Hellmann’s and a supermarket brand for test batches, and both yielded the same delicious result
- Sriracha – AKA “Rooster Sauce”, the red bottle with the green lid that you find on the table of every Chinese restaurant (PS – it belongs in your fridge too, if it isn’t there already. YUM.)
- Hoisin Sauce – This is a lesser-known Asian sauce that’s a staple in our fridge. It’s sweet and makes a delicious addition to stir fry’s, peanut sauces, and this vegan egg salad of course! (Note: Hoisin is readily available in most grocery stores, but the typical bottle isn’t Gluten Free. The same brand makes a special Gluten-Free version that tastes the same, but it’s harder to find. I had to go online for mine.)
- Green Onions – Crisp with a bit of a bite, but not overpowering. That’s why they’re the perfect topping for so many dishes, Asian-inspired and otherwise.
- Sea Salt – Totally optional. Adding salt to any dish is like adding a pinch of flavor amplifiers. They mirror back the flavors you’ve created, and take them up a notch, as long as you don’t overdo it.
If you like easy meals, here are a few more we love:
- Apple Spinach Salad with Easy Garlic Tahini Dressing
- Smoked Maple Instant Pot Potatoes
- Vegan Chickpea Egg Salad – The Classic Version
- Lemon Dill Cucumber Salad
So here it is, our Vegan Sriracha Egg Salad with just 5 Ingredients. If you make this for lunch, let us know how it went in the comments below! And as always, we hope you love it as much as we do – Enjoy!
Vegan Sriracha “Egg” Salad
- Food processor and spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Sharp kitchen knife and cutting board
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha Adjust according to how spicy you like it!
- 1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce Use Gluten Free Hoisin for GF option
- 1 Pinch of sea salt Optional
- 4 Green Onions, chopped
- Add chickpeas, sriracha, hoisin sauce and a pinch of salt to the food processor
- Pulse 3-6 times to break up chickpeas into chunks (do not over process or it will get smooth quickly like a dip)
- Spoon out onto bread, toast, wraps, crackers, cucumbers or anything else you like! Serve with chopped green onions on top. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days