This sriracha red pepper tofu dip is creamy, a little bit spicy, and full of flavor. It’s easy to make with a high powered blender, but a food processor works, too. So use whatever you have on hand and try this amazing dip that goes with EVERYTHING!
We eat a lot of “bowls”. Rice bowls, noodles bowls, quinoa bowls, salad bowls.. they’re all delicious, versatile, and EASY! Bowls tend to be one of the healthiest meals we eat, too. We can load them up with veggies, chickpeas, tofu, tempeh, black beans, whole grains, or any other superfood we can think of.
The key to a great bowl though is a great sauce. And that’s where Sriracha Red Pepper Tofu dip is perfect! It adds a bit of spice and delicious bell pepper flavor without overpowering your ingredients. And it’s HEALTHY! So it stays on trend with the rest of your meal.
What is Sriracha?
Asian hot sauce. AKA – Rooster Sauce (thanks to the rooster in the logo). You can find it in almost any Chinese food restaurant, Asian supermarket aisle… and probably on the condiment shelf of your own fridge. Or at least half the fridges on your block. It’s so popular, there are t-shirts with their logo. Seriously, I saw them at a store and Jeff now owns one.
How do I make it?
You’ll need a nonstick frying pan and a high powered blender to get started. Rinse and cube your tofu, and add it to your frying pan with the peeled and de-seeded onion and pepper – both roughly chopped. Stir fry until the tofu is golden brown, and the onion turns translucent.
While your tofu and veggies are cooking, you can add everything else to your Vitamix or high powered blender. The cashews, sriracha, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, water, and sea salt can all go in together. Two tablespoons of sriracha give a hint of spice for a mild version. At this ratio, it compliments but doesn’t overpower the red pepper. But feel free to add more (usually 1 tablespoon at a time to taste) if you love your spice!
To finish up, all you need to do is all the tofu, peppers, and onion to the blender and blend on high until smooth. My Vitamix is a tamper that I use to scrape the sides as it blends. you can also stop the blender and use a spatula to scrape the sides. Just make sure everything hits the blades to blend evenly so you get a silky smooth, oh so creamy texture at the end!
This Sriracha Red Pepper Tofu Dip is:
- A little bit spicy – easily made VERY spicy for those who love the heat!
- Great on bowls, sandwiches, wraps , tacos and more
- Made for dipping
- Smooth & creamy
- Easy to make
- Made with everyone’s favorite – Sriracha!
Looking for more vegan deliciousness?
- Caramelized Onion Tofu Cream Cheese
- The BEST Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Unreal No Knead White Bread
- Vegan Sriracha Egg Salad
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
So here it is, our Sriracha Red Pepper Tofu Dip. We hope you love its creamy, spicy, red peppery flavor as much as we do! If you make this dip, let us know how it went in the comments below, leave a rating or show us on Instagram #plantednoshery. And above all – Enjoy!
Sriracha Red Pepper Tofu Dip
- 1 block Extra firm tofu, rinsed & cubed
- 1 Red pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 Large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup Cashews, raw
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha *more for extra spice, stick to 2 tbsp for a mild version
- 2 Lemons, juiced ~4 tbsp
- ½ Lemon, zest
- 2 tbsp Olive oil + 1 tsp for frying
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- In a non stick pan, heat 1 tsp of olive oil over medium heat
- Add tofu, red pepper and onion to the pan and stir fry until onions are translucent and tofu is browned
- While the tofu and vegetables are frying, add the cashews, water, sriracha, salt, lemon juice and zest and olive oil to a Vitamix or high powered blender
- Add the cooked tofu and vegetables to the blender and mix on high speed until a smooth consistency is found throughout (stop and scrape down the sides, or use the tamper as needed)
- Scrape out into a lidded, airtight container that holds at least 3½ cups and let cool for 15 minutes
- Place the lid on the container and refrigerate for 1½-2 hours until set
- When the dip is set, it will be creamy, thick and packed with flavor! Use it on your favorite sandwich, wrap, bowl, crackers, chips and more! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply