Mmmm… Seedy Vegan Breakfast Granola. This one’s a classic. Granolas are so easy to make, easy to eat, and easy to make ahead! (That might be my favorite thing about granolas, and that’s saying a lot because they’re downright delicious.) I love that we can make a big batch on the weekend and have incredible breakfasts all week long.
I’ll take the opportunity to say it now… this recipe makes a GENEROUS batch. It fills up a large rimmed baking sheet. But since the whole point of granola is that it stores well, is ready to eat, and is super popular with everyone in the house, we think the big batch is the perfect amount.
How do I store granola?
Pretty much the same way you store breakfast cereal.. in the pantry or on the countertop. An airtight container works best, and keep it out of direct sunlight. The freezer works well, too. We like to make multiple flavors of granola all at once, and then freeze them in airtight containers. That way, in the morning we can each choose any flavor we want and it’s always super fresh. Of all places though, avoid the fridge! Granola goes soft in the fridge and can absorb fridge odors if the container isn’t completely airtight. Yuck.
Can I substitute different nuts and seeds?
Yes! So many times, yes! That’s the beauty of granola. It’s very substitutable as long as you stick close to the same ratios. In other words, do you prefer cashews to pecans? Not a problem. Sub in the 1/2 cup cashews for the 1/2 cup pecans as a straight-up swap. Now, how about say… chia seeds in place of sunflower seeds? Sure! But since the chia seeds are super tiny, a lot more of them will fit in a 1/2 cup than sunflower seeds. Sub smaller seeds like this out by weight, instead of volume.
How do you eat your granola?
Seriously… I’m asking you… What’s your favorite way to eat Seedy Vegan Breakfast Granola? Drop me a message or leave a comment to share your favorites!
In our house, granola gets drowned in soy milk. That’s our go-to granola method. That being said, we’re starting to up our “Berries and Coconut Yogurt” game in the summers. We do a lot of camping, and I have a feeling next summer will be all about the yogurt parfait with crunchy granola on top.
This granola is:
- Oh So Delicious
- Easy to make
- Quick for busy mornings
Love easy vegan breakfasts? Check these out:
- The BEST Vegan Bagels (Oh. My. Yum.)
- Double Chocolate Granola – Vegan
- Easy Chocolate Vegan Crepes
- Perfect Vegan Aquafaba Waffles
- Unreal No Knead Bread – Crusty
Seedy Vegan Breakfast Granola
- large pot and spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Lined baking sheet
- 1½ cups natural unsalted peanut butter
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 cups rolled oats use certified gluten free if GF
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- preheat oven to 325°F
- add peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup to a large pot and melt over medium low heat, stirring to keep it from burning on the bottom
- once melted into a thin liquid, remove from heat and stir in vanilla, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined – use a whisk if you have one that's safe for your pot
- add oats, coconut, walnuts, peanuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- fold ingredients together until well combined
- transfer to lined baking sheet
- bake at 325°F for 25-30 minutes, or until edges begin to brown
- let cool and enjoy!
Leave a Reply