Mmm glaze… I mean, carrots. Yes, healthy, delicious, beta carotene and vitamin A packed carrots. They’re perfect for dipping, snacking, roasting, steaming, and add TONS of flavor to soups, stir fry’s, and pretty much every holiday dish. And, kids usually love carrots as a vegetable of choice. Which means I don’t have to nag them about eating their veggies. Ok, that’s definitely my favorite thing about carrots! Especially Maple Balsamic Glazed Carrots.
Now for the real treat… the glaze! I usually save these Maple Balsamic Glazed Carrots for holidays or special occasions. There’s something about a glaze that just makes a vegetable fancier for a big meal, right? But there’s very little sugar in this glaze at just one tablespoon, and healthy balsamic vinegar is really the star. So these carrots might just start making weekday appearances at our table because we love them so, so much.
Are they easy to make?
Yes! There’s one extra step (that honestly, I skip sometimes when I’m in a rush) so they take a bit more effort than just boiling or steaming carrots. But the flavor pays off for the effort in a big way.
To get started, preheat your oven to 425 F and boil a pot of water. When the water is boiling, drop the carrots in for 3 minutes. During the boiling phase, get the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil or vegan butter, garlic, and salt into a bowl, and whisk to combine.
Once the 3 minutes are up, strain the carrots and put them into the bowl with the balsamic mix. Toss until all carrots are well coated, and then scrape the carrots along with every last drop of maple balsamic goodness onto a lined baking sheet. Pop them into the oven for 20-25 minutes, so until the edges are browned and the carrots are soft – and you’re done!
These Maple Glazed Balsamic Carrots are:
- Packed with beta carotene and vitamin A (thanks, carrots!)
- Full of flavor with a hint of sweetness
- Easy to make
- Great on their own or use them to top your favorite bowls
- Tasty as a meal prep for the week (I eat them cold on mid-week quinoa bowls.. YUM!)
- Fancy enough for a holiday meal!
Looking for more deliciousness? Us too!
So here they are, our Maple Balsamic Glazed Carrots. They’re perfect for holiday meals or weeknight dinners. Meal prep them for bowls all week long! If you try these carrots, let us know what you think in the comments, and as always, we hope you love them as much as we do! Enjoy!
Maple Balsamic Glazed Carrots
- 5 Large carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tbsp Granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Boil a pot of water large enough to fit all of the carrots in the size of sticks you have pre cut
- Place the carrots in the boiling water for 3 minutes, then strain
- In a bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, salt and garlic. Add the parboiled carrots and toss to coat evenly
- Scrape out the carrots and all the extra glaze onto a lined baking sheet and bake at 425°F for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are browned and the carrots are soft
- Serve on their own as a delicious side, or use to top your favorite bowl! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply