Another no-bake chocolate chip cookie dough ball? Yes, please! My obsession with edible cookie dough will never end, so I’m always looking for even more ways to make them with a variety of ingredients. This time around, it’s Coconut Flour’s turn to step up to the plate in our Gluten-Free Cookie Dough Balls.
The combination of coconut and almond flour in these cookie dough balls gives an incredibly accurate texture once they’ve had time to chill. Coconut oil provides the main source of moisture and binding in these cookie dough balls, so these ones definitely need an hour in the fridge to set before eating. It changes them completely – all for the better.
Why coconut flour?
Coconut flour is unique, especially when compared to other flours. It’s low in carbs and extremely high in fiber. It also contains iron and lauric acid (read more here). Keto dieters love coconut flour for these reasons, but there’s another big advantage for many – it’s gluten-free! So gluten intolerant people (like me) can get the taste and texture of cookie dough, too!
What kind of chocolate chips do I need?
Any kind will do, but I recommend the “mini” chips if you have them. They just work really well in these bite-sized balls. Dairy-free chocolate chips keep them a vegan treat. (I like the Enjoy Life brand.) But if you indulge in dairy-filled chocolate from time to time, go for it! Regular chocolate chips are way less expensive, so you won’t find any judging eyes around here for putting Chipits in your “Vegan” cookie dough balls if that’s how you roll 🙂
Are they easy to make?
You betcha. No food processor is required. And coconut oil melts in a microwave-safe bowl, so you really only need a mixing bowl and spatula to make all your Gluten-Free Cookie Dough Balls dreams come true.
These cookie dough balls are:
- Gluten free
- Have the perfect dough-y texture
- Perfectly sweet
- Easy to make
- Easy to meal prep
- Satisfying and craving-worthy
Want more gluten free cookie dough balls? Us too!
- Sugared Ginger Cookie Dough Balls – gluten free
- Sugared Lemon Cookie Dough Balls – gluten free
- Gluten Free Double Chocolate Cookie Dough Balls
- 3 Ingredient Freezer Fudge (ok it’s not cookie dough, but it’s for real delicious!)
So here they are, our Gluten-Free Cookie Dough Balls. Drop us a comment below if you give them a try and let us know how it went! We hope you love them as much as we do – Enjoy!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls – Vegan
- Mixing bowl and spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Lined baking sheet
- 5 tbsp Almond flour
- ¼ cup Coconut flour
- ¼ cup Coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Almond butter
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Add coconut flour, almond flour and salt into a bowl – stir to combine
- Add melted coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup, and fold together until cookie dough texture comes through
- Fold in mini dairy free chocolate chips
- Use a cookie scoop to separate dough into 10 balls, or spoon out the dough and shape with your hands
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and cover to refrigerate for 2 hours or until set
- Enjoy! Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for 1 month. They defrost quickly at room temperature or defrost in the fridge overnight.
Leave a Reply