Ok, Baked Green Onion Tofu is a big-time favorite of mine. I love tofu. If I could only have one food for the rest of my life, it would be a toss-up between tofu and cashews. And only because cashews make a slightly better base for ice cream and cheese. Although as I’m saying this, I might just have to figure out how to make tofu work there, too.
There was a long stretch when the kids were really young, meals were impossible, and I made the same thing over and over out of survival instinct. Baked Green Onion Tofu was THAT meal. It’s the one that reminds me of how simple and delicious it is to add green onions to anything and everything. And of how completely dependent I am on tofu.
How to make Baked Green Onion Tofu
You know this is an easy dish when I can throw it in the oven with 3 kids having hangry meltdowns. All it takes is some cubed extra firm tofu, tamari, rice vinegar, optional sriracha, chopped green onions, and garlic. You can use fresh garlic. I always reach for granulated because my weekday prep time does not yet allow for the peeling of fresh garlic. One day it will. But that day is not today.
Preheat your oven to 425 F and combine everything in a mixing bowl. Give it a few stirs and folds with a spatula, so that every piece of tofu is covered in green onion, tamari goodness. Scrape out every last bit of flavor onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and pop it in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Just watch the edges of the tofu for browning to know when it’s done.
I love to use this tofu on bowls with toppings like our Spicy Peanut Sauce (below). Alongside some white rice and kale though is equally delicious. I tend to write recipes with extra firm tofu because that’s the texture most people prefer. But if you’re a fan of the softer varieties, I highly recommend you give them a try here.
This Baked Green Onion Tofu is
- Quick & Easy
- No added sugar (if you skip the optional Sriracha)
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
- Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Vegan Chickpea Egg Salad
- Chocolate Coconut Pancakes
- Healthy Vegan Energy Balls – Date Sweetened
If you try this recipe, show us your results and let us know what you think! Leave us a rating or comment below, and tag us @plantednoshery on Instagram so we can see what you came up with. Enjoy!
Baked Green Onion Tofu
- 1 block Extra firm tofu, drained *pressed if you prefer for texture but not necessary
- 1 bunch Green onions, rinsed & chopped
- 2 tbsp Tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha *optional, add full 2 tbsp if you like spicy!
- ½ tbsp Granulated garlic
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Cut the tofu into bite sized cubes
- In a bowl, mix tamari, rice vinegar, sriracha and garlic
- Add tofu and green onions, and toss to coat evenly
- Spread in an even layer over a lined baking sheet
- Bake at 425°F for 20-25 minutes or until browned on the edges of the tofu
- Enjoy on a bowl of rice, noodles, or on its own as a healthy protein with any meal!
Leave a Reply