Weekday mornings were made for smoothies. They’re fast, easy, and can pack the nutrition of a full meal into one glass. Ahhhh I’m having a smoothie craving just writing this!
We called this Strawberry Banana Everyday Smoothie. The everyday version because we really truly make it almost every single day. It’s the smoothie that we add greens and cocoa to one day, and have as-is the next. We sneak in the flax and it still tastes like a strawberry milkshake. What more could we ask for?
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is:
- Versatile – add spinach, kale, or greens of any kind for a nutrition boost that still tastes like Strawberry Banana goodness (though the color does change of course :))
- Sweet, but not too sweet – thanks bananas for your perfect sweetness
- Easy to make with everyday ingredients we always have around – who doesn’t have bananas in the house pretty much every day?!
- Packed with your daily dose of healthy Flax seeds – a bonus for non-flax lovers.. you can’t even taste them!
- Classic! Hasn’t the strawberry banana flavor combination been around since the beginning of time? Or at least since the beginning of banana splits!
What kind of blender do you need?
We use a Vitamix for our smoothies, which lets us get away with frozen strawberries and extra ice. I used to make this smoothie in a normal blender (until I overdid it making 3 Ingredient Blender Ice Cream and had to retire it forever). In the normal blender, I skipped the additional ice and added a little extra plant-based milk, as needed. Either way, it turned out creamy and silky smooth.
That being said, a Vitamix or high powered blender is preferred if you want to add in greens. We add spinach all the time. The thing is, without a high-powered blender it can feel like you’re “chewing” the sips with greens. In a regular blender, I’d recommend saving the greens for a salad and just making the smoothie as-is, without the ice for the best result.
What do you LOVE with your smoothies?
Drop us a comment below or tell us how you enjoy your smoothies! We’d love to hear it! Some of our favorite smoothie snacks include:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls (Vegan)
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites (Vegan, Pictured above)
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Breakfast Cookies
So here it is, our super easy, creamy, delicious Strawberry Banana Everyday Smoothie! To me, it’s more milkshake than a smoothie. But a healthy version! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Strawberry Banana Everyday Smoothie
- High powered or regular blender
- Measuring cups
- 1 cup Crushed ice *omit if using a regular blender and frozen strawberries
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1 cup Strawberries, fresh or frozen I typically use frozen
- 1 cup Plant based milk I use original soy milk
- 1 tbsp Flax Seeds
- 1 cup You Favorite Greens *Optional
- Add all ingredients to you blender, secure the lid, and blend on high for 90 seconds or until smooth
- Stop to scrape down the sides or tamp ingredients down into the blades as needed
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- I use regular soy milk in our smoothies. If your plant based milk of choice is unsweetened, add 1-2 pitted dates for sweetness, if desired.
- Flax seeds will thicken your smoothie the longer they sit. Eventually they become “gel like”, just like Flax Eggs. If you’re drinking your smoothie right away, no need to worry. You won’t even notice they’re in there. But, if you let the smoothie sit or put it in the fridge for later, you’ll notice a change in texture. Typically, smoothies are consumed immediately so I always add the flax. If I’m planning to keep some for later, I tend to skip the flax and you may want to do the same.
Leave a Reply