This is one of my go-to lunchtime salads. I love it! It fills me up and even my kids love the sweet apples and the creamy garlicky dressing. It surprised me at first, but they eat the most spinach when it comes in the form of this salad. And, the Apple Spinach Salad is ridiculously easy to make.
I make this salad so often that I probably have the time down to 5 minutes or less. It’s just a reflex at this point. If this is your first time getting familiar with the ingredients, 15 minutes will be more than enough to throw everything together. Thankfully, this is a salad that takes longer to eat than it does to make.
Apple & Spinach
Apples and spinach are a flavor combination that I come back to over and over again. I love to pair fruit with spinach because they compliment each other so well. My fridge is always full of apples, and they fit the bill when I’m looking for a tasty addition to any salad. Apples have just the right amount of sweetness for a salad, and their firm crunch makes for the perfect bite. They stand up well to dressings, pair well with garlic, and are easy to find in any grocery store year-round. Check, check, check 🙂
Spinach is tender, nutritious, and flavorful without being overpowering. It is packed with vitamins and essential nutrients like folate, which is one of the reasons it made this list of foods you should aim to eat daily. It’s a superfood powerhouse that contains a whopping 34% of your recommended daily Vitamin C intake in just one 100g serving. It’s also a great source of iron and calcium, and a favorite blank canvas for any salad.
Easy Garlic Tahini Dressing
My Easy Garlic Tahini Dressing is healthy and versatile. It is simple to throw together in a flash and made with staple pantry ingredients. And if tahini isn’t already a staple pantry ingredient for you, this dressing might just change that!
Granulated garlic in this dressing can be replaced with fresh garlic. Use half the amount of fresh garlic in the dressing to begin with, and add more to taste. Fresh garlic can be strong in a salad especially if not crushed, finely minced and evenly mixed. So take it slow the first time you experiment. I tend to use granulated garlic because I always have it on hand, and it saves me from the time-consuming task of peeling, mincing and cleaning up after fresh garlic.
This Vegan Apple Spinach Salad is..
- Made with simple ingredients
- Kid friendly
So here it is.. our favorite Apple Spinach Salad with Easy Garlic Tahini Dressing. It’s a favorite in our house with adults and kids alike, so we hope you love it as much as we do!
Need a snack to go with your salad?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Coconut Goji Energy Balls
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
- Unreal No Knead White Bread – Crusty
- Unreal No Knead Whole Wheat Bread
Apple Spinach Salad with Easy Garlic Tahini Dressing
- Measuring cups and spoons or a kitchen scale
- Large salad mixing bowl and tongs
- Cutting board and sharp kitchen knife
Seedy Apple Spinach Salad
- 4-6 cups Loosely Packed Spinach *Add more spinach if dressing is too heavy on salad once mixed. Dressing should be a light coating.
- 1 cup Cooked Chickpeas Drained and rinsed
- 1 Apple – diced
- ⅓ cup Unsalted Sunflower Seeds
Garlic Tahini Dressing
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Tahini
- 1½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt *Add more to taste if needed
- Prepare the Garlic Tahini Dressing by whisking together all ingredients, and set aside
- Add spinach, diced apple, sunflower seeds and chickpeas to a large salad mixing bowl
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad
- Use tongs to gently toss the salad, folding from the underside of the bowl to the top to get and even coating of the dressing
- Add more spinach if the dressing is coating heavily. Dressing should be a light coating.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leave a Reply